Nov. 11, 2014
Jeff Sossamon, Research Information Specialist, MU News Bureau, email@example.com, 573-882-3346
Matt Bonelli, Vice President, Adsorbed Natural Gas Products, firstname.lastname@example.org, 908-432-1754
MEDIA ADVISORY: MU, ANGP Inc. to Showcase New Alternative Fuel Technology at Kansas City Convention Center
WHAT: Officials from Adsorbed Natural Gas Products Inc. (ANGP) will showcase an innovation in vehicle natural gas storage technology that is being tested on a truck. The prototype will be available to view at the North American Natural Gas Vehicle (NGV) Conference and Expo in Kansas City this week.
Researchers from the University of Missouri (MU) and representatives from ANGP have developed a natural gas tank filled with nanoporous carbon that is made from sawdust. MU and ANGP are part of a coalition with MeadWestvaco and Midwest Energy Solutions to produce and install a prototype of the tank on a pickup truck, which is being highlighted at the North American NGV Conference and Expo.
WHO: Speakers and experts at the event will include:
- Robert A. Bonelli, co-founder, president and chief executive officer, Adsorbed Natural Gas Products
- Robert C. Bonelli, co-founder, senior vice president and chief counsel, Adsorbed Natural Gas Products
- Matthew J. Bonelli, co-founder and vice president, Adsorbed Natural Gas Products
- Peter Pfeifer, professor of physics at MU and principal project leader
- Brett Maland, senior licensing & business development associate in the Department of Technology Management and Industry Relations at MU
- Bradley W. Reed, director of the Department of Business Development & Innovation, MeadWestvaco
- Billy-Paul Holbrook, senior product development scientist, MeadWestvaco
WHEN: 2 – 5:30 p.m., Wednesday, Nov. 12
8 a.m. – 5 p.m., Thursday, Nov. 13
WHERE: Kansas City Convention Center, 301 W 13th Street, Kansas City, Mo.
NOTE: Representatives from ANGP and MU will be available for media inquiries and photo opportunities in Booths 444 and 949 in the Kansas City Convention Center Exposition Hall.
According to the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE), natural gas is one of the cleanest burning alternative fuels available; natural gas is cheaper than gasoline and diesel on an energy-equivalent basis, and most natural gas is produced domestically. Natural gas also can be produced from renewable sources such as landfills.
About Adsorbed Natural Gas Products, Inc. – ANGP, Inc. has been committed to bringing low-pressure on-board natural gas storage to the motor vehicle world since January 2012. Building on almost three decades of science and working with a Fortune 500 company, ANGP is working toward the first commercially viable low-pressure adsorbed natural gas (ANG) technology-based system for all classes of motor vehicles. For more information, please visit: www.angpinc.com.
MU News Bureau, 329 Jesse Hall, University of Missouri, Columbia, MO 65211
Phone: 573-882-6211, Fax: 573-882-5489, E-mail: email@example.com, Web: http://munews.missouri.edu/
Copyright © 2014 — Curators of the University of Missouri. All rights reserved. DMCA and other copyright information.
An equal opportunity/affirmative action institution.